ACAD (Asbestos Control and Abatement Division) was founded in 1993 by the Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (TICA) to meet a need for a trade association to improve the asbestos industry.
We aim to:
- Improve overall Health & Safety standards within the industry
- Provide superior asbestos training to the industry
- Act positively to promote best working practices
- Provide accurate information to members and the industry as a whole
- Work closely with statutory bodies such as the HSE and the Environment Agency
ACAD meets regularly with the Health & Safety Executive and represents membership views on all of their asbestos groups and committees including:
- Asbestos Leadership Council (ALC)
- ALC Technical Sub Committee
The administrative, training and assessment teams are supported by external advisors in HR and legal, accounts and communications. The ACAD Manager is Graham Warren.